The answer is yes, you have the right to remove it. WordPress comes with the GPL license, meaning that you are free to customize and amend the software in any way you need to and that refers to removing the “proudly powered by WordPress” message too. You are allowed to remove it from your footer.
Is it legal to remove proudly powered by WordPress?
At the very least, it’s a “proudly powered by WordPress” copy, something you’d rightfully want to not appear on your website. Many people wonder if removing this copy is even allowed, and if that is also your concern, the answer is yes, you have the right to remove it.
How do I remove powered by WordPress?
Method #1: via the WordPress Theme Customizer
- Go to Appearance > Customize on the WordPress dashboard.
- Click Footer > Bottom Bar.
- Either Disable Footer Credits, or put your own text in Edit Footer Credit.
How to Remove “Powered by WordPress” From the Footer
- Remove “Powered by WordPress” Using Theme Customizer.
- Consider Switching to a Different WordPress Theme.
- Modify Your Theme’s footer. php File.
- Remove the “Powered by WordPress” Footer Using CSS.
How do I remove a WordPress theme name?
Removing or renaming the theme name in footer can be achieved directly from the WordPress customization tool.
- Go to WordPress Dashboard > Appearance > Customize.
- Click on Footer then Bottom Bar.
- Here you can disable the footer or change it in the edit footer credit.
How do I remove powered by WordPress for free?
- Install Remove “Powered by WordPress” automatically or by uploading the ZIP file.
- Activate the plugin through the “Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Turn off the plugin by deactivating it or through “Theme Options” menu in the Theme Customizer.
How do I remove powered by WordPress by WordPress theme?
Go to the themes folder (wp-content > themes) and delete or rename the active theme. WordPress will roll back to the default theme. Now go to the Plugins page and deactivate all plugins. Re-upload the theme zip from the member area.
How do I get rid of powered by Astra WordPress theme?
How to Remove “Powered By Astra WordPress Theme” From Footer?
- Open Astra theme customization page. To open this theme customization page, first open your WordPress site admin dashboard. …
- Click on Footer Builder option. …
- Click on Copyright element from footer blocks. …
- Remove powered by text and publish change.
How do I get rid of powered by Shopify?
Follow these steps to remove Powered by Shopify badge:
- Go to the Shopify dashboard.
- From the Sales channels section go to Online Store > Themes.
- Choose the theme that you want to edit, click Actions > Edit languages.
- In the Filter box, search “powered”.
- In the Powered by Shopify box, insert a single space.
- Click Save.