WordPress comes with a built-in feature that allows you to instruct search engines not to index your site. All you need to do is visit Settings » Reading and check the box next to Search Engine Visibility option. These lines ask robots (web crawlers) not to index your pages.
How do I enable indexing on my WordPress site?
To help improve SEO ranking, follow these steps to make sure your WordPress site allows search engine indexing.
Allow search engine indexing in WordPress
- Log into WordPress.
- Click Settings > Reading.
- Make sure Discourage search engines from indexing this site is not selected.
Why is my site not indexing?
Too much duplicate content on a site can confuse search engines and make them give up on indexing your site. If multiple URLs on your site are returning the exact same content, then you have a duplicate content issue on your site. To correct this problem, pick the page you want to keep and 301 the rest.
Why is my WordPress site not indexed by Google?
You can check this by going to Settings » Reading page and scrolling down to the Search Engine Visibility option. Make sure to remove the check mark from this option, so search engines can crawl your website. Don’t forget to click on the ‘Save changes’ button to store your settings.
How do I make my WordPress site searchable?
15 Steps on How to Make Sure Your Website is Visible and Gets Indexed by Google
- Invest in a Good Hosting Provider.
- Fill Your Site with High-Quality Content.
- Disable “Discourage Search Engines” in WordPress.
- Set up Robots.txt Correctly.
- Share Your Site Online.
- Sign Up for Google Analytics.
- Create a Sitemap.
How do I make WordPress not index my page?
Below your post, in the Yoast SEO meta box, just click on the Advanced tab:
- The Advanced tab in the Yoast SEO meta box harbours the indexing options.
- Select No from the dropdown menu to noindex this post.
- Simply answer No if you don’t want Google to follow links on this page.
Why are my pages crawled but not indexed?
If you’ve submitted a URL to Google Search Console and got the message Crawled – Currently Not Indexed, it means Google has crawled the page but chose to not index it. As a result, the URL won’t appear in search results for the time being. … It’s not necessary to resubmit the URL to be crawled and indexed.
How can I tell if a website is indexed?
Google provides two simple options to determine the number of indexed pages of your domain.
The Google site: query
- site:www.my-domain.com/subdirectory/ …
- site:www.my-domain.com Phrase of choice. …
- site:www.my-domain.com inurl:phrase.
Google can follow links only if they are an <a> tag with an href attribute. Links that use other formats won’t be followed by Google’s crawlers. Google cannot follow <a> links without an href tag or other tags that perform a links because of script events.
How do I add my WordPress blog to Google?
Simply login to your WordPress admin area and go to Settings » General page. There you will see your website’s URL in the site address field. After entering your correct website address in Google webmaster tools setup wizard, click on the ‘Continue’ button to go to the next step.
How do I submit my WordPress site to Google?
How to Verify a WordPress Site in Google Search Console
- Step 1: Go to Google Search Console. …
- Step 2: Add Property to Search Console. …
- Step 3: Download the HTML Verification File. …
- Step 4: Upload the File to Your Website via FTP. …
- Step 5: Go back to Search Console & Click “Verify”
Why is my blog not showing up on Google?
So, if you post a blog today, it might not even be indexed by Google (added to their system) until a few days – or even weeks – later. One way to speed up Google finding the post is to make sure your sitemap is submitted to Google Search Console and is working correctly.
How do I get my website indexed by Google?
How to get indexed by Google
- Go to Google Search Console.
- Navigate to the URL inspection tool.
- Paste the URL you’d like Google to index into the search bar.
- Wait for Google to check the URL.
- Click the “Request indexing” button.