Head over to the admin area of the destination site (the site where you want content to be merged) and visit Tools » Import page. This page lists all the import tools that you can install and run on your WordPress site. Scroll down to the bottom and click on the ‘Install now’ link under WordPress.
Can two WordPress sites merge?
It is easy to merge WordPress sites together and you can export all of their content into one site. This will also keep your search engine optimization or SEO intact. Merging two WordPress websites is only the first step. You must also have the old website redirect visitors to the new one.
How do I merge WordPress sites?
Step by Step: How to Merge Two Websites into One Website in WordPress
- Step 1: Backup the primary website. …
- Export data from the secondary site. …
- Step 3: Import data to the primary website. …
- Step 4: Set Up URL redirects on the secondary web server. …
- Step 5: Update internal Links.
How do I join two websites together?
- Create a site map of the old site.
- Create content and information for the new domain (title, meta, design, etc.).
- Set up the new domain and make it live.
- Register and verify both the old and new domains in Google Webmaster Tools.
- Export your WordPress content as an XML file.
- Import your content to your new blog.
- Assign the imported content to an author(s).
- Set up URL redirects.
- Import your images.
How do I combine multiple WordPress sites in one multisite?
The Guide to Merging All of Your WordPress Sites into 1 WordPress Multisite
- Step 1: Back Dat Thing Up. If you can afford to, always make another backup. …
- Step 2: Setup a WordPress Network. …
- Step 3: Out With the Old. …
- Step 4: In With the New. …
- Step 5: Go Live.
How do I combine blogs and websites?
Simply go to Settings > Reading and then select Front Page Displays > A Static Page. There, you can choose a single page that you create, and that will be the home page for your site. Then you can make your blog posts appear on a different page (I recommend creating a page called Blog and pointing them there).
Can two websites merge?
Extensive 301 Redirecting: When planning a merger of two websites, it’s critical that one website is properly redirected to another using a 301 redirect. This will automatically direct users who type in the old URL to the new site, while also transferring all the link juice to the website from links to the old site.
Should I have two websites?
Multiple sites can be beneficial for your users, especially for companies that have different brands or different products/service offerings. If you have a portfolio of companies using different websites for each one, then it most likely makes sense to have separate domains for each company/brand.
Can I have one website for multiple businesses?
If you have 2 businesses, or even 3 or more, you can fit them all onto one website for your online presence to explode. Then all the work you do – the search engine optimization, the blog writing, the photo taking, the business card distributing – all can benefit you, and all your companies, on 1 website.