However, you can turn it on or off any time by toggling the “Infinite Scroll” option on My Site → Settings → Writing. Additionally, adding a footer widget will also disable the Infinite Scroll option.
How do I stop endless scrolling?
To help people, here are some ways on how to lessen your phone time and endless scrolling:
- Set your ‘Social Media Time’ One of the best ways to lessen your phone screen time is to set a ‘social media time’ every day. …
- Don’t sleep with your phone. …
- Delete apps. …
- Turn off notifications. …
- Keep your phone out of sight.
How do I change the scrolling on WordPress?
Upon activation, you need to head over to Settings » Custom Color Scrollbar Settings page to configure plugin. From here, you can change the scrollbar color and the scrollbar rail background colors. You can then select the mouse scroll step, which is the scrolling speed of the mouse wheel.
How do I enable infinite scrolling in WordPress?
Adding Infinite Scroll With a Plugin
- Step 1: Select Your Infinite Scroll Plugin. There are quite a few infinite scroll plugins to choose from. …
- Step 2: Install Your Chosen Plugin. Next, you’ll need to navigate to Plugins > Add New in your WordPress dashboard. …
- Step 3: Configure the Plugin’s Settings.
How do I turn on endless scrolling?
To enable the infinite scroll:
- Access the Post list section in the live customizer > Main Content > Post lists.
- Under INFINITE SCROLL check the option Enable infinite scroll :
- Save and Publish.
How do I stop scrolling?
- Method 1: Overriding the window.onscroll function.
- Example: Overriding the window.onscroll function.
- Method 2: Setting the height of the body to 100% and overflow to hidden.
Why do I keep scrolling?
Dopamine is a chemical in our brains that’s released after pleasure and reward-seeking behaviors—and it causes us to want them all over again. … “It turns out the dopamine system doesn’t have satiety built in.” That’s why you can scroll long past the point of feeling amused or entertained by what you’re seeing.
How do I get rid of the scroll bar in WordPress?
Removing the scroll bar is easy; you would simply need to apply overflow:hidden to the body selector.
How do I change my smooth scroll speed?
How to Change Your Mouse Scroll Speed
- Press Windows key + I to open Settings.
- Click Devices.
- Click Mouse.
- Use the Roll the mouse wheel to scroll the dropdown to select either Multiple lines at a time or One screen at a time.
What is Jetpack infinite scroll?
Instead of having to click a link to get to the next set of posts, infinite scrolling pulls the next posts automatically into view when the reader approaches the bottom of the page.
How do you set up infinite scroll?
- Go to Plugins > Add New.
- Type in the Catch Infinite Scroll in Search Plugins box.
- Click Install Now to install the plugin.
- After Installation click activate to start using the Catch Infinite Scroll.
- Go to Catch Infinite Scroll from Dashboard menu.
How do I load more WordPress using Ajax?
You can install Ajax Load More like any other plugin. It’s free and available on the wordpress.org plugin repository.
Once you activate the plugin, there are a few steps you’ll need to complete to get up and running.
- Customize a Repeater Template. …
- Build a Shortcode. …
- Add the Shortcode to your Site.
What is infinite scroll in WordPress?
Infinite Scroll is a feature that loads the next set of posts automatically when visitors approach the bottom of the home page or posts page. It’s designed to help visitors read through many posts without effort.