In the WordPress admin panel, click Appearance > Customize. To remove the header, click Header > Header layout and for the Layout setting select None. To remove the footer, click Footer > Footer layout and for the Layout setting select None.
Remove all headers and footers
- Go to Insert > Header or Footer, and then select Remove Header or Remove Footer.
- If your document has more than one section, repeat this process for each section.
- From WordPress Admin, go to Plugins -> Add New.
- Search for plugin “Remove Footer Credit”
- Install and Activate.
- Go to Tools -> Remove Footer Credit.
- Enter text you would like to change in first text box.
- Enter text you would like to replace in second text box.
- Click Save.
Navigate from your Dashboard to Appearance Menus. Here click on create a new menu and name it as you wish, in this example we will call it Empty Menu. Then click Create Menu. Let the menu empty with no pages, posts or custom links and assign it the Footer Menu location.
Edit your existing headers and footers
- Double-click the header or footer you want to edit, or select Header or Footer, and then select Edit Header or Edit Footer.
- Add or change text for the header or footer or do any of the following: …
- When you’re done, select Close Header and Footer or press Esc.
Double-click the header or footer area (near the top or bottom of the page) to open the Header & Footer tab. Select Link to Previous to turn off the link between the sections. Select Header or Footer and do one of the following: Choose Remove Header or Remove Footer near the bottom of the menu.
Remove Footer Credit
So if your theme developer has added a custom credit in the footer, you can tell the plugin to target that. Once the plugin is activated, go to Tools > Remove Footer Credit to access the settings screen. To make the plugin work, you’ll need to add not only the text in the credit but the HTML too.
To find these options, head to My Sites → Customize and select the site you wish to change. In the Site Identity section, look for the Footer Credit option. Choose the option you would like to use — the Customizer will let you preview how each one looks on your site — and hit Save & Publish when you’re ready.
To hide footer for a specific page:
- From the WordPress left dashboard menu, go to Pages and open the page you want to hide footer on.
- In Post Options and under Footer tab, you can disable a Footer option for your page.
- Publish or Update the page.