How do I organize my WordPress pages?
To change the order of pages in WordPress:
- Go to any page on your website.
- Use the Screen Options to drop down the control window.
- Choose the “Page Attributes” checkbox.
- Change the number box under “Order” to adjust the position. The lowest numbers are first.
- Click the “Update” or “Publish” button on the page.
How do I organize posts on WordPress?
Here’s what you can do to better organize your WordPress:
- Site Structure. The Menu is as good a place as any to start tidying up your WordPress. …
- Review Categories and Tags. …
- Create Internal Links In Your Blog Posts. …
- Check for Broken Links. …
- Clean up the Database.
Can you create folders for pages in WordPress?
Folders is a WordPress plugin that enables users to quickly organize all of their Pages, Posts, and Media files in folders. You can easily drag and drop items into directories and change the folders tree view (hierarchy) as you wish.
Can you change the order of pages in WordPress?
If you are using a custom menu, you can change the order of your Pages in the menu by using the Reorder link in the Customizer. If you’re using the Pages Widget, be sure to set the Sort by option to Page Order after setting a custom order for your pages. Then click Publish.
How do I organize pages in a WordPress folder?
To start organizing your content into folders, go to the Pages screen in your WordPress admin. Click the “plus” icon in the Folders panel to add your first folder.
How do I organize my blog posts?
How to organize a blog post while writing
- Break down your mind map into three major categories: Ideas, In-Progress, and Published. …
- Unique perspectives or strategies you’d like to cover on your blog.
- Specific case studies, images, research, charts or other information that can add credibility to your post.
How do I categorize content in WordPress?
Assigning Posts to Categories:
- Go to My Sites → Site → Posts.
- Click on the post you want to assign to a category.
- Under Document Settings on the right, expand the Category option.
- Click the checkbox next to the category you want the post to be assigned to and publish your changes.
How do I sort my WordPress posts by custom field?
There are two major steps to take to implement a custom post order:
- Add a custom field to posts that can be used as a basis for sorting the posts.
- Implement the custom sort order by modifying the main WordPress loop or building a custom loop and adding it to a sidebar widget or custom page template.
What feature in WordPress provides a way to organize all posts pages and media across the entire website?
To create WordPress media folders, you can use a free plugin called Media Library Plus. The plugin is regularly updated and developed by a reputable WordPress development studio called Max Foundry.
How do I create a folder in WordPress?
To create a new folder, simply click the ‘Add Folder’ button and then type in the name you want to use for that folder. Tip: You cannot use spaces in folder names. Instead, use hyphen or underscore to separate words if needed. It’s also possible to make subfolders within folders, if needed.
Can you group pages in WordPress?
Adding Multiple Pages At Once Using Nested Pages
This feature is particularly useful if you already know what your page structure would look like. You can start adding multiple WordPress pages by simply clicking on the Add multiple button at the top.
How do I manage media in WordPress?
Download the plugin from wordpress.org, unpack it and upload the [FileBird] folder to your wp-content/plugins/ directory. Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress. Go to your main WordPress menu > Media to create a folder to manage your files.
How do you order categories in a post?
Just choose your category from the pulldown menu, click “Enable Ordering,” load the posts from that category, and then drag and drop them into the order you like.
How do I edit a page template in WordPress?
Changing a Page Template
- Go to Dashboard > Pages > All Pages.
- Go to one of the existing pages that you want to modify and select Quick Edit.
- Go to the Templates options (1), choose one of the available templates and click on Update(2). Once it’s done, click on the Apply button (3).
How do I move sections in WordPress?
Click and hold your left mouse button on the handle of the section you wish to move. While you continue to hold the mouse button down, drag the section to its new location.