Go to WordPress Admin Panel > Pages > Add New. You can see the new custom page template listed on the right side. Create a new page and set its template to PageWithoutSidebar. Once done, Publish it.
How do I create a page template?
Create a custom template
- In Pages, choose File > New (from the File menu at the top of your screen), then double-click the template you want to start with.
- Do any of the following: …
- Choose File > Save as Template (from the File menu at the top of your screen), then choose an option:
Can I save a WordPress page as a template?
In order to save pages as a template to re-use in your website or kit use the following method: Click the up arrow located to the right of the Publish / Update Button located at the bottom of the panel. Choose Save as Template. Give a name to your template and save.
What is a WordPress page template?
Page templates are a specific type of template file that can be applied to a specific page or groups of pages. As of WordPress 4.7 page templates support all post types.
How do I create a custom page template in WordPress?
A Step-By-Step Guide To Creating Custom Page Templates #
- Find The Default Template # …
- Copy And Rename The Template File # …
- Customize The Template File Header # …
- Customize The Code # …
- Upload The Page Template # …
- Activate The Template #
How do you add a template to WordPress?
Method 1: Use the WordPress block editor (Gutenberg)
- Open the template editor. Start by creating a new post using the block editor. …
- Design your template using Theme blocks. You are now in the template editor, where you can start designing the layout of your posts. …
- Save your template and apply it to your posts.
How do I save a page as a template?
Save a document as a template
- Open the Word document that you want to save as a template.
- On the File menu, click Save as Template.
- In the Save As box, type the name that you want to use for the new template.
- (Optional) In the Where box, choose a location where the template will be saved.
How do I find a page template in WordPress?
3On your WordPress Dashboard, choose Appearance→Editor to look at the template files within a theme. The Edit Themes page appears and lists the various templates available within the active theme.
How do I change the default template in WordPress?
Changing a Page Template
- Go to Dashboard > Pages > All Pages.
- Go to one of the existing pages that you want to modify and select Quick Edit.
- Go to the Templates options (1), choose one of the available templates and click on Update(2). Once it’s done, click on the Apply button (3).
How do I select a WordPress template?
Navigate to Pages > All Pages, hover over the one you want, and select Quick Edit. You’ll see a Template drop-down menu here too, and you can select your custom template and save or update the page.
How do I create an About Us page in WordPress?
To access the theme Customizer, first go to Appearance → Customize from your WordPress dashboard. Once you’re in, navigate to your homepage, or whatever page you want your About section to be on. Return to the About tab, and delete the filler text it contains. What you want to do now is choose a title for your section.