How do I display categories and subcategories in WooCommerce?
Show WooCommerce Sub Categories on Shop Page
- Click on Appearance > Customize.
- Then go to WooCommerce > Product Catalog.
- Select “show subcategories” from Category Display.
- Click on Save Changes.
How do I show categories in WooCommerce?
Go to WooCommerce > Settings, select the Products tab, and then choose the Display option. For each of the Shop Page Display and Default Category Display options, select Show both. Click the Save changes button to save.
How do I add subcategories to WooCommerce?
How to Create Subcategories in WordPress (In 3 Steps)
- Step 1: Start Editing a Post & Select the Categories Tab. To get started, navigate to the WordPress post that you want to add to a new subcategory. …
- Step 2: Click on the Add New Category Link. …
- Step 3: Select a Parent Category for Your WordPress Subcategory.
Where are WooCommerce categories stored?
Product types, categories, subcategories, tags, attributes and all other custom taxonomies for particular products are located in the tables below: wp_terms. wp_termmeta. wp_term_taxonomy.
How do I show subcategories in WordPress?
Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress. On the ‘Widgets’ sub-menu of ‘Appearance’ you will find a new widget type called ‘Sub Category’. Add one or more of these to your themes widget display areas. For each widget you add, decide what and how you’d like it to display.
To fetch the category link, you’ll have to first fetch the category ID. You can do this with the help of get_cat_ID function() function. $category_id = get_cat_ID( ‘Category Name’ ); Here you can get the ID of any category by specifying the name of the category, in place of ‘Category Name’.
Once a category has been assigned to the post, and the post is published, edit the navigation menu to add the category page:
- Open the Customizer. …
- Go to Menus.
- Select the menu to edit.
- Click on Add Items.
- Select Categories.
- Click the Plus icon next to the Category you want to add.
- Click Publish to save the changes.
How do I add a product category and subcategory in WordPress?
Categories allow you to group similar products or product types.
- Sign in to WordPress.
- Click Products from the left-hand menu.
- Click Categories in the expanded WooCommerce menu.
- On the left-half of the screen, you’ll see an Add new category section.
- Enter a Name for the category.
How do I add a category in WordPress?
You can easily add a new category in WordPress when writing a post. In the Document panel on the right hand side, open up the Categories tab. Then, you can simply click the ‘Add New Category’ link to create your new category. Once you click the link, two new boxes will appear where you can add your category.
Where are WooCommerce database items?
They can be found in the wp_posts table, under the product post type. Once you find the product that you need, you need to take a note of its id and lookup for the remaining information under the wp_postmeta table. There you will be finding all the information regarding pricing, taxes, shipping, sizes and so on.
Where is SKU stored WooCommerce?
A WooCommerce product is essentially a WordPress post, therefore, any product that you create in WooCommerce is stored in the corresponding posts database table. The SKU name and product ID are stored in the posts metadata table in WordPress.
How do I export images from WooCommerce?
To export all the WooCommerce products with images:
- Download, install and activate the plugin.
- From the WordPress admin panel, navigate through the menu: WebToffee Import/Export(Pro)> Export.
- Follow the steps in How to export products.
- Once the export process is completed, click on Download file.