In this tutorial, we are going to Create Social Sharing Buttons in GeneratePress without Plugin using the super basic method.
Steps to Create Social Sharing Buttons in GeneratePress
- Step 1: Add Social Sharing Code using Elements Module. …
- Step 2: Style Social Sharing Buttons. …
- Step 3: Result.
To activate sharing buttons, navigate to Jetpack → Settings → Sharing. Here, under Sharing buttons, turn on the Add sharing buttons to your posts button. Next, from your WordPress menu, select Settings → Sharing. Under Sharing Buttons, drag the services appropriate to your website into the Enabled Services box.
After you’ve installed the plugin, you need to go to Settings » SharedCounts menu to configure plugin settings. Next, you need to scroll down to the ‘Display’ section and choose the share buttons you want to display. By default, three buttons are selected (Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest).
How To Create Your Own Share Links
- 1) Go to http://www.sharelinkgenerator.com/.
- 2) Choose the social network you want people to share your content on.
- 3) Fill in the blanks.
- 4) Download a social button icon.
- 5) Make the icons clickable using your share link.
Go to the WordPress Dashboard section, hover mouse to “Media”, then select “Add New.” From the Media Library, open the icon’s image, and copy the direct link.
- Paste the HTML code, and use the image as a link.
- Save widget.
- Refresh the site, and check whether the icon placement was successful.
There are a number of plugins you can use on your WordPress site to include the WhatsApp Share Button.
Adding a WhatsApp Share Button to Your WordPress Website
- In your WordPress Dashboard go to Plugins > Add New.
- Search for the plugin “Share Post to WhatsApp” and install it, then press “activate”.
Add social media buttons to WordPress
- Log in to WordPress.
- Install and activate the Contact Widgets plugin. …
- In the Dashboard menu, click Appearance, and then below Appearance click Widgets.
- Under Available Widgets, click Social Profiles and then select Add Widget.
- Select where you want it located.
- Click Add Widget.
How do I use AddToAny plugin in WordPress?
- Go to Plugins > Add New > search for addtoany.
- Press “Install Now” for the AddToAny plugin.
- Press “Activate Plugin”
- Choose URL or Page. Pick the URL of a website or Facebook Page you want to share.
- Code Configurator. Paste the URL to the Code Configurator and adjust the layout of your share button. …
- Copy & Paste HTML snippet. Copy and past the snippet into the HTML of the destination website.
Steps to enable social share buttons:
- Access your Single Post page.
- Close the Blog Manager and click the blog text.
- Click the Settings icon.
- Scroll down to Social Buttons.
- Select or deselect the checkboxes next to the social buttons to display or hide them: …
- Click the social button fields to change the text on them.
Adding social media icons to the header in an existing menu
- In your WordPress dashboard, go to Appearance > Customize > Menus.
- Go to the Header section and press the Add items button.
- Then select the icon of the social media platform you want to add, enter the URL, and press Add to Menu.
Share buttons allow website visitors to share content easily on their social media channels and messaging apps. With a simple click, anyone can share an article to their Facebook feed or directly to a friend on Facebook Messenger.
These buttons serve to promote your business’ presence on various social networks and help you generate fans/followers for those particular accounts. By placing these buttons on your business’ website, you can help to create visibility for your social media accounts and easily extend your reach there.