Adding social media icons to the header in an existing menu
- In your WordPress dashboard, go to Appearance > Customize > Menus.
- Go to the Header section and press the Add items button.
- Then select the icon of the social media platform you want to add, enter the URL, and press Add to Menu.
Go to the WordPress Dashboard section, hover mouse to “Media”, then select “Add New.” From the Media Library, open the icon’s image, and copy the direct link.
- Paste the HTML code, and use the image as a link.
- Save widget.
- Refresh the site, and check whether the icon placement was successful.
Social icons in the header
- Go to Appearance.
- Go to the menu.
- Create a menu.
- Select your created menu.
- Enter your Facebook, Instagram, etc URL.
- Add the Link name.
- Select the Display location for where you want to show.
- And save the Menu.
How to Add Social Media Icons to Header or Footer
- Go to Appearance → Customize.
- Expand the Menus panel.
- Select the menu to edit or +Add a Menu.
- Click +Add Items.
- Check the menu location where you would like the icons to appear.
- Click Save & Publish.
How do I add Facebook to WordPress?
From the widgets menu, select the option for “Sidebar” (or an alternative area where you’d like to insert the widget). Click “Add a Widget” and then search for “Facebook”. Select “Simple Facebook Page Widget” and add it to the correct sidebar (or WordPress “widget area” if you want to get technical”).
10 Top Social Media Plugins for WordPress (Guide for 2021)
- Smash Balloon. Smash Balloon is by far the best social media plugin for WordPress. …
- Shared Counts. …
- Revive Social. …
- Social Warfare. …
- AddToAny Share Buttons. …
- Simple Social Icons. …
- Better Click to Tweet. …
- Sassy Social Share.
Best Premium Social Media Plugins for WordPress
- Jetpack Social Sharing.
- Share Buttons by AddToAny.
- Grow Social by Mediavine.
- Social Snap.
- Sassy Social Share.
Insert social media icons
- Copy the URL for your social media profile.
- If your template doesn’t already have a Social block at the bottom, click Build and then click the More button. …
- Drag the Social Block into your template. …
- Click any of the social icons to open the editor and click Edit.