How do I create a portfolio list in WordPress?
Let’s get started!
- Step 1: Select a Web Host. …
- Step 2: Choose a Domain Name. …
- Step 3: Install WordPress. …
- Step 4: Pick and Activate a Theme. …
- Step 5: Create and Edit Portfolio Items and Create a List of Portfolio Items. …
- Step 6: Creating The Portfolio Page. …
- Step 7: Customize Your Portfolio. …
- Step 8: Adding Your Portfolio to the Menu.
How do I add a portfolio section in WordPress?
Here are the eight basic steps you’ll need to follow in order to make a portfolio site:
- Choose a good WordPress host.
- Install WordPress.
- Find and install the right theme and plugins.
- Build a header.
- Build a project gallery.
- Put together an About Me section.
- Set up a contact form.
How do I add a portfolio to my WordPress blog?
Go to My Sites > Settings > Writing, and turn on the toggle next to “Portfolio Projects.” Looks like you’ve already done this step. After you do that, you can go to My Sites > Portfolio Projects and start adding your projects, which I see you’ve also started to do.
What is the difference between a gallery and a portfolio in WordPress?
Portfolio and gallery are different from each other. Portfolio is a custom post type in WordPress just like normal blog posts while gallery is simply images added to your static or posts pages.
How do I add a portfolio to my website?
Creating a Portfolio Website: tips on how to do it right
- Your Best Work Comes First. …
- Create a Portfolio that is Easy to Navigate. …
- Make Your Own Website. …
- You Need a Domain Name. …
- Search Engine Optimization. …
- Have Vision and Mission. …
- Choose Projects with Best Results. …
- Tell the Story – Provide Context.
How do you set up a portfolio?
How to build an investment portfolio
- Decide how much help you want.
- Choose an account that works toward your goals.
- Choose your investments based on your risk tolerance.
- Determine the best asset allocation for you.
- Rebalance your investment portfolio as needed.
How do I use visual portfolio plugin in WordPress?
To do an automatic install of Visual Portfolio, log in to your WordPress dashboard, navigate to the Plugins menu and click Add New. In the search field type “Visual Portfolio” and click Search Plugins. Once you’ve found our plugin you can view details about it such as the point release, rating and description.
How do I show portfolio categories in WordPress?
- Log into your WordPress Dashboard.
- Navigate to Appearance->Menus.
- Create a new Menu, and (if applicable) enable the Custom Taxonomies for your menu by clicking on Screen Options (top right-hand corner of the page) and ticking your Portfolio’s Custom Categories and/or Custom Post Types.
What is a portfolio on WordPress?
Portfolio is a superb WordPress portfolio plugin that enables you to display your personal or company’s portfolio items. … This portfolio plugin comes with a widget and the carousel slider with different settings that dictate how many items you want to display at a time, among other settings.
How do I edit a portfolio in WordPress?
Manage portfolio content
- In order to edit portfolio page please log in to WordPress administration panel and go to Portfolio section.
- Portfolio section looks like posts. …
- Items in Portfolio section can be placed into different categories.
- To add new item to the portfolio go to Portfolio > Add New.
What is a portfolio post in WordPress?
Portfolio projects are meant for displaying creative works like photography, art, graphic design, and the like. You can use project types and categories to organize portfolio projects in different ways. Posts are meant for blog posts, news updates, and other dated types of information.