If you wish to add your sidebar to a specific page or post, just navigate to the page/post in question (or go to Pages/Posts >> Add New). Once you find the page or post you’re looking for, open the Sidebars dropdown on the right side of your screen.
Go to the Appearance > Widgets page, click the ‘Import / Export Sidebars” link in the Sidebars section. Click the “Choose File” button, select the file, and click “Preview.” This will show a list of sidebars included in the file. You can choose to include specific sidebars or all sidebars from that file.
Take care to add in the extra line that specifies the name of your sidebar. Once these are functions are defined, you will notice the extra sidebar appear in the WordPress Dashboard under the Appearance > Widgets option. It’s here that you can drag and drop all your widgets into your various sidebars.
You can also edit the sidebar from the WordPress Dashboard. In the left-hand menu, select Appearance > Widgets, find the Sidebar section, and then give it a click to expand. You should now be able to see all the widgets that make up this particular sidebar.
A different sidebar (widget) are can be added to each page in two steps:
- Add the sidebar to the theme template using the page slug as part of the sidebar name. This ensures that the sidebar has a unique name for that page.
- Register the sidebars for each page in functions. php for your theme.
Tutorial: How to Add a Double Sidebar Layout
- Step 1 – Remove customizer site width settings. …
- Step 2 – Add new layout option. …
- Step 3 – Register new widget area to use for the second sidebar. …
- Step 4 – Display secondary sidebar. …
- Step 5 – Move default sidebar so it loads before your content.
How do I exclude a page from a widget in WordPress?
Exclude: If you would like to exclude any pages from being displayed, you can enter the Page IDs (separated by commas). To find the Page ID, go to My Site → Pages and click the title of the page. The address bar of your browser will display a URL with a numeric ID at the end. This is the page ID.
How do I only show the widgets on my WordPress homepage?
To show the widget on the homepage only, switch the Hide/Show option to “Show on checked pages,” check the Home/Front option, and save the widget. The widget will now only show on the homepage, whether you’re displaying a static page or your posts.
How do I use widget context in WordPress?
- Search for Widget Context under “Plugins → Add New” in your WordPress dashboard.
- Widget Context settings will appear automatically under each widget under “Appearance → Widgets”.
- Visit “Settings → Widget Context” to configure the available widget visibility contexts.
To do this, go to Online Store > Products > Collections and choose the collection to which you would like to add your unique sidebar. In the lower right corner of the page, select collection. alternate as the template and save.
Go to Appearance > Widgets in the WordPress Administration Screens. Choose a Widget and either drag it to the sidebar where you wish it to appear, or click the widget, (select a destination sidebar if your theme has more than one) and click the Add Widget button.
Found on most WordPress sites, the sidebar is usually placed on the right or left-hand side of the web page. In some cases, a site will feature two sidebars, one on each side of the main content where your posts are found. This tutorial examines some of the information items and features generally found in the sidebar.
Most WordPress themes come with one or two dynamic sidebars that allow drag and drop modules to be placed in them. These widget areas are found in the admin area under Appearance > Widgets.